Terms & Conditions
Our judging panel will evaluate and mark each entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Relevance to the design theme
- The intelligent use of materials, stones and sizes
- How does the Jewellery present in a retail environment? Is it commercially viable?
Specific scoring criteria is as follows:
- Originality of the design Scoring range 1-10 points
- Creativity and innovativeness of design Scoring range 1-10 points
- Practicality in producing the actual piece Scoring range 1-10 points
- Wear-ability of the finished product Scoring range 1-10 points
- Commercial aspect of the finished piece Scoring range 1-10 points
Maximum points available = 50
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry is open globally to any designer, design company, student or company or individual who has commissioned design, provided they are active in the Australian and New Zealand market.
- Entries must have been created between August 30, 2016 and June 21, 2017.
- Each category has select description criteria in English in which the entrant must adhere to. Submissions that do not adhere to descriptive criteria will be disqualified.
- Submissions, where applicable, may be entered into multiple categories provided an entry fee is paid for each category, and they fulfil the descriptive criteria of each category. Failure to fulfil criteria will result in disqualification from the specified category. Each category entered must be listed in the electronic submission by entrants.
- Upon submission, the Entrant warrants that the design is their original and individual work, and are active in the Australian and New Zealand market. The Organiser reserves the right to request further evidence such as design concepts, applicable patents, trademarks or IP ownership.
- Entry Period & Fees:
- September 1, 2016 to June 21, 2017.
- Standard: $50 inc. GST (includes entry to the Awards evening for one person per entry). Finalists are automatically entered into the Fair Visitors’ Choice award (which has no entry fee). Entry fee is non-refundable.
- Submissions to the awards are only valid upon the Organiser receiving payment in full via the Online Registration Form, followed by the completion of the Entry Details form before June 21, 2017.
- Designs submitted by entrants who include any of the following, must accompany written approval from an authorised representative, or will be disqualified:
- Names or depictions of public figures, public officials or celebrities.
- Personal information, for example, phone numbers, addresses.
- Trademarks, service marks, trade names, brands or copyrighted material of third parties.
- Designs submitted by Entrants must not feature:
- Obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, violent statements or images
- Contextually Offensive, discriminatory statements or images.
- Designs submitted by Entrants created using unauthorised, pirated copies of computer software will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received no later than close of business at 5:00pm EST, June 21, 2017 online via the weblink provided at www.jewelleryfair.com/2017/JDA. Entries must comprise both the Online Registration form including payment, and the completion of the Entry Details form.
- Entrants that are selected as finalists will be notified prior to June 30, 2017. They will then be required to submit their certificate of valuation by the 7 of July if they wish to obtain insurance, before sending their entry piece to Expertise Events via courier, registered post or in person to the Expertise Events office: Unit 4, 1 Skyline Place, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086 or PO Box 6053 Frenchs Forest NSW 2086 to arrive no later than July 30, 2017.
- If any voting irregularities take place as a direct result of an entrant, the entrant will be disqualified.
- Entrants acknowledge their submissions may be used for publicity purposes, and may be called for comment by authorised representatives of the Awards.
- If an award finalist or winner is in breach of the terms and conditions of entry, the Entrant’s submission will be deemed invalid and the award deemed null and void, and returned. The Entrant may be liable for any costs associated as a result of action taken.
- Expertise Events Pty Ltd has the right to amend these terms and conditions at their discretion.
- The Organiser does not make any claims on copyright or intellectual property of the designs entered. Upon submission, the Entrant gives permission to the Organiser to publish, exhibit and promote their name, image and the content of the submission. The Entrant acknowledges that the Organiser has the right to reproduce materials in whole or part without payment of release or licensing fees to the holder of publication rights or copyright.
- The Entrant confirms that (where applicable) they have obtained their client’s and practice principal’s written approval to enter and for any resulting publicity.
- Upon submission, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Organiser from and against any and all liability arising as a result of their entry either infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- If a designer (the maker) or piece is entered into multiple categories, the points for the Supreme Award is only counted for one category and the highest points in that category will be counted as the total for the piece.
- All decisions of the judging panel shall be final and shall not be subject to reconsideration.
- An entry submitted as a collection shall be assessed and judged as a whole and not individually.
Expertise Events Pty Ltd
ABN 43 003 932 492
Unit 4, 1 Skyline Place,
NSW 2086, Australia
+61 2 9452 7575
- Prizes unless specified cannot be exchanged for cash, cannot be delayed from the schedule of the prize i.e. the prize is a trip including Business Class air tickets to attend Baselworld, March 2018. The Etihad tickets are from the winners nearest capital city in Australia and New Zealand (any domestic flights must be covered by the winner). The individual must be of 18 years of age and above and hold a valid passport for travel in March 2018 (with 6 months validity from date of travel).
- The Baselword prize cannot be delayed from the schedule to attend Baselworld, March 2018. Adverts in The Australian Women’s Weekly and Cosmopolitan Bride subject to availability within a 12 month time frame and subject to creative approval.
- Quoted value current at time of print.