MORE THAN $80,000 IN PRIZES
The Jewellery Design Awards will be held at the 2017 International Jewellery Fair at the brand new International Convention Centre, Sydney.
The awards offers a profile boosting opportunity like no other, the chance for an Australian jewellery designer to showcase their entire range at the most prestigious international jewellery event, Baselworld.
A total of $80,000 in prizes. The winner of the ‘Supreme Award’ will receive two business class tickets and four nights accommodation to Baselworld 2018, plus a full page advertisement in Women’s Weekly*
Entries will be accepted in the following categories:
1ST & 2ND YEAR APPRENTICE/STUDENT
3RD & 4TH YEAR APPRENTICE/STUDENT
AUSTRALIAN OPAL AWARD
COLOURED GEMSTONE AWARD
FAIR VISITOR CHOICE
(NO FEE REQUIRED. OPEN TO FINALISTS)
MEN’S ACCESSORIES & JEWELLERY
PRECIOUS METAL AWARD
SUPREME AWARD WINNER
The entry that receives the highest point score out of all of the finalists will be determined as the ‘Supreme Award Winner’
Please note: Designers may enter as many categories as they wish. Each category entered into requires a separate application and each entry incurs a $50 fee. This fee includes entry to the Awards evening for one person per entry.
Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
• Relevance to the design theme
• The intelligent use of materials, stones and sizes
• How the jewellery is presented in a retail environment and its commercial viability
Thanks to our amazing sponsors all category winners will be taking home prizes which will substantially benefit their business.
The Awards, will recognise both up and comers and established jewellery making professionals. The various categories ensure inclusion of the entire industry and that all immaculate craftsmanship is highlighted. All prizes on offer are category specific and aim to help the businesses and designers who enter.
Finalists will be showcased in an interactive display at the International Jewellery Fair 2017 at ICC Sydney. This is also where the Fair Visitors’ Choice Award will be decided.
* Advertisement insertion date at Women’s Weekly discretion
Our judging panel will evaluate and mark each entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Relevance to the design theme
- The intelligent use of materials, stones and sizes
- How does the Jewellery present in a retail environment? Is it commercially viable?
Specific scoring criteria is as follows:
- Originality of the design Scoring range 1-10 points
- Creativity and innovativeness of design Scoring range 1-10 points
- Practicality in producing the actual piece Scoring range 1-10 points
- Wear-ability of the finished product Scoring range 1-10 points
- Commercial aspect of the finished piece Scoring range 1-10 points
Maximum points available = 50